- Our “Sketch This” and line graphing stations were from this text.
- Our first activity, “Measuring in Mots, Prots, Stots, and Zots,” was taken from this book.
- Visit this site for a large collection of resources and lessons corresponding to the Statistics and Probability domain of the College and Career Readiness Standards in Adult Education in Levels C and D.
- This document that you received during the session gives an overview of the progression of standards in Statistics and Probability in Level C and D. It provides visual examples of many of the standards, connections to Mathematical Practices, and their connections to other domains.
- Check out this blog for some misleading graph information and videos.
- This is a resource I've enjoyed using with my students.
- Create a human box plot to introduce graphing data in a different way.
- This Illuminations activity by NCTM uses data about the Presidents of the United States to collect data then create different graphs to summarize the data.
- Still need to build up your own background knowledge? While I’m not recommending this for class because it’s more procedurally focused than a discovery approach, it does have a large resource of specific graph information to which you can refer.